Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet Li
Jet Li doesn't appear to be doing very well. Or is this a case of I'm the last to know?

Quote:New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is breaking the internet's heart
[img=0x0]https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/5f0Vf_i4mj3SoEnrxXv4QQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODQ7aD04NDtpbD1wbGFuZQ--/https://media.zenfs.com/creatr-images/GLB/2016-10-18/803de030-94e1-11e6-aa6b-33156af7c5ca_US-Movies.jpg[/img]
Nick Schager
Writer
May 21, 2018

Jet Li is one of modern martial arts cinema’s greatest stars, thanks to his work in such hits as Once Upon a Time in ChinaFist of Legend, [i]Romeo Must Die[/i], and Hero. However, the actor hasn’t appeared on U.S. screens since 2014’s[i]The Expendables 3 [/i] —  and a new report indicates the reason is his stunning and heartbreaking physical condition.
Li’s last role was in 2016’s League of Gods, a Chinese fantasy epic in which he boasted a bald head and long white beard as a hero plagued by a spell that forces him to age in reverse. Alas, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Li’s elderly appearance in that film wasn’t just the magic of makeup. During a recent visit to Tibet, a fan snapped a photo alongside Li, and had he not been identified by name, it’s unclear whether anyone would have recognized the international icon because he looks decades older than his 55 years.

[Image: Ddl1T3kUwAEBwI7.jpg]
Last month it was announced that Li would star as the Emperor in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of the studio’s animated hit Mulan. Yet, as he  announced in 2013,  he’s suffering from hyperthyroidism as well as heart and spinal conditions, which have largely forced him to retire from acting. At the time, he admitted, “I’m just a regular guy, I’m not Wong Fei Hung, I’m not Huo Yuan Jia [kung fu heroes he portrays on film], I’m not a hero. I’m just like you. … I’m in pain, but I’m not suffering. I’m happy.” In place of his movie work, Li has dedicated most of his time and energy over the past few years to his charity The One Foundation, which focuses on disaster relief and children’s welfare in his native China. And although he has yet to need a wheelchair  —  which he once said was a possibility because of his medical circumstances  —  the above photo has predictably sparked worldwide concern from fans about his health.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Yeah he’s had thyroid issues for years. Rumor was he was wheelchair bound for a while, but he looked ok in that Jack Ma vid last year. 

We are the same age, me & Jet.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It's not the years, it's the mileage?

Jet is Buddhist.

It’s the karma.
Quote:'Jet is completely fine': Jet Li's manager denies 'Expendables' star is in poor health
Bryan Alexander, USA TODAYPublished 10:03 p.m. ET May 21, 2018 | Updated 10:46 a.m. ET May 22, 2018

A Netflix Email scam is currently in circulation and it’s designed to steal credit card details, Newsweek reports. Veuer's Sam Berman has the full story.Buzz60, Buzz60

[Image: 636625343986207251-Jet-Li.jpg]

Actor Jet Li in a recent photograph.(Photo: Courtesy of Steven Chasman)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 2COMMENTEMAILMORE
Action star Jet Li is "completely fine," despite viral Internet concerns about his health, according to his manager.
Steven Chasman tells USA TODAY that Li, 55, is in good health, calling the online discussion "much ado about nothing."
"We appreciate everyone’s concern. But Jet is completely fine," says Chasman. "There’s nothing wrong with him. There’s no life-threatening illness. He’s in great shape." 
The Expendables franchise and Lethal Weapon 4 star sparked health concerns after he was pictured in Tibet over the weekend, looking frail in a fan's photo. The outcry of concern on social media has spilled into the media.
Hong Kong's South China Morning Post asked in a headline, "Is this the same Jet Li we all know? Martial arts legend battles illness and injuries as fans express shock."
View image on Twitter
[img=600x0]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ddl1T3kUwAEBwI7?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

Quote:[Image: BBYHb_iW_normal.jpg]

[/url]simón@StxNaty

So, apparently, Jet Li is suffering from "hyperthyroidism and spinal problems" and this is him now [Image: 2764.png][Image: 1f613.png]:
2:50 PM - May 19, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Chasman sent USA TODAY a recent photo of Li, saying the picture in Tibet has been taken wildly out of context.
"It’s one picture and people are making these interpretations from it," he says. "If you took a picture me at the wrong angle and wrong time of the day, I could look frail as well."
[Image: 636625372313095740-XXX-EXPENDABLES-3-MOV...360746.JPG]
Jet Li as "Yin Yang" in a scene from 2014's "The Expendables 3." (Photo: Phil Bray, Lionsgate)
I saw this today. I'm sure it's old news to the DM.

[Image: Dp1pArjU4AUDbFE.jpg]

(10-19-2018, 01:27 PM)Greg Wrote: I saw this today. I'm sure it's old news to the DM.

Yesterday's news.  There's a link to the original interview vid (in mandarin) in my KFM post - http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...ost1311148
Skynet wants to learn Kung-Fu.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(10-19-2018, 09:29 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Skynet wants to learn Kung-Fu.

Enthiran 
2.0 this Diwali
It is the film I’m looking forward to most of all for these upcoming holidays
When are we going to talk about the fact that Jet Li is in the new Mulan?

[Image: zxzwhvxyunhatyyky3fp.jpg]

Now waiting for the link to the story on KFM forums.

And Brandon Scott Lee as well.

(01-27-2020, 07:45 AM)Greg Wrote: When are we going to talk about the fact that Jet Li is in the new Mulan?

[Image: zxzwhvxyunhatyyky3fp.jpg]

Now waiting for the link to the story on KFM forums.

And Brandon Scott Lee as well.

He's playing the Emperor.  

Donnie Yen is in it too.  And Cheng Pei Pei.  And Tzi Ma.  And Rosalind Chao.  And Ron Yuan.  And even Yoson An (actually I don't really care about him but a lot of Asia does).  Disney has stacked the deck with a stellar Chinese cast.  

But in all honesty, it's Gong Li that I'm most excited for.  Gong Li plays the best demonesses.  If you want to do your homework, check out Monkey King 2 (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=3648)

The KFM thread on this is pretty fat but if you just wait for my column in our upcoming issue, I condense it all - see http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...ey-project
His skin looks to have cleared up and he doesn't look like he's on death's door.

No LC? I thought that was your thing.

(01-27-2020, 11:41 AM)Greg Wrote: His skin looks to have cleared up and he doesn't like he's on death's door.

No LC? I thought that was your thing.

the whole 'death door' thing was totally blown out of proportion.  chinese media is crazy that way - almost worse than ours.

i'll forgo lc here for some gl as the wbd action

[Image: tumblr_ofzeooM2Id1qiyullo4_250.gifv] 
[Image: tumblr_ofzeooM2Id1qiyullo8_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_ofzeooM2Id1qiyullo2_250.gifv]

dang, now i wanna see that movie again... Heart
I'm against homework. I have my own movie to watch. Every hour. Every day.

Or I post on here to avoid it.

(01-27-2020, 11:59 AM)Greg Wrote: Or I post on here to avoid it.

story of my life... or at the very least, my insurmountable writer's block.  Undecided