Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memories of the Sword
I should just watch K flix from now on. This is what CTHD2 should have been. It's a gorgeous film - ornate sets, panoramic vistas, exquisite costumes. The plot is incestuously Arthurian. It's artsy. Most of all, it's got a ton of swordfights. There's a lot of CGI, digital blood sprays and wire work, which bugged me at first, but then it found its choreographic stride and delivered some excellent stuff by the end. Very satisfying. 

It took me all weekend to get through this 2 hour epic because I kept getting interrupted. I might have to watch it again when I can be undisturbed.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow, I should have taken notes.  Lots of twists and turns in this, some requiring that you remember people's names.  I'm never good at that, and terrible when Korean names start zipping about like peas under nutshells.

I felt it lost its way at times, spending too much time on trivial matters (yes, tea preparation is laden with symbolism, but enough already!), and some of the flashbacks seemed ill-chosen, and missing the ones I wanted to see.

But still, it's got some great cinematography, and while the swordfights are uneven, there are some nicely atmospheric sequences.

So many unanswered questions on this one.  As the credits rolled, I went straight to wikipedia, which usually provides whole plots.  But it just gave the setup, then said "the beginning of a long journey of revenge."  Dang!
I'm nobody's pony.
Maybe it's better that I saw it in chunks.  I figured a lot of those dangling bits were just gaps in my memory.  

I love gratuitous tea shots.
(03-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I love gratuitous tea shots.

Is that a euphemism?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

If it's eucalyptus tea, it's a eucalyphemism.
I'm nobody's pony.
CF, your arms must be getting longer with all that stretching.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(03-17-2016, 11:42 AM)Greg Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I love gratuitous tea shots.

Is that a euphemism?

Why yes.  As a matter of fact, it is.