Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ip Man 3
DM sent me on a junket.

I met Mike Tyson.

I have pictures.

Cool
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Glad that went well.  The pic is a great way to start out 2016.  And I was very amused at your comment that I sent you to an interview where you actually knew the interviewee.

CF and I await your review.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I keep squeezing my head to get the right words out. 021

That pic ain't free.  The deadline is upon us.  SQUEEZE IT LIKE A RIPE ZIT.

Welcome to my world.   Dodgy
Have you checked your email recently?

in process now.

dammit. now i'm going to be in the commute.

oh well. at least i have my posh crv.
Assuming all went well with our graphic artist, the review goes live when I get to work tomorrow at 8. It's a tri-DOOM effort as cf did some speed formatting in the home stretch. Greg's pic FTW!
After you post the picture, I will steal it and put it here.

Photo 
If you'll note, Tyson has his arm around me. It was like getting hugged by a boulder.

[Image: 3495_DonnieGregMike.jpg]

Greg was spot on about Tyson's voice. His English was his usual lithpy self but the Chinese was distractingly deeper. His whole story arc was oddly superfluous in the end, surpringly not even the finale fight, but did provide an excuse for a lot of gratuitous fight scenes. IP3 had such Chinese melodrama and yet that didn't get too distracting from the action, although only barely so. Perhaps I was forgiving because of its random artsy strokes - the moth on the dummy, the lost red balloon, the focus on the water glass, the kids. The fights were good - very YWP with its physics fu, but some long complicated single shot sequences. Donnie is still strong in the role. I enjoyed it overall and it tempts me to review parts 1 & 2. Not as good as 1 (if memory serves) but decent closure from 2.