Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu (1982)
With a title like that, you know this is one of my favs. It's funny as I remembered some scenes so well but some other scenes seemed completely new. Perhaps I saw cut versions. I remember seeing a Kung Fu film where the theater had switched the reels so it started in the middle, went to the end, and then back to the beginning. It was really amusing when everyone figured out what was going on.

But back to LWoKF - this is a great Daoist magic Kung Fu flick - very funny stuff. And with Shaw Bro powerhouses Alex Fu Sheng, Lau Kar Leung and Gordon Liu, the fight scenes are top notch. It's got shuriken-hucking ninjas, underground cults, bad cross-dressing, Daoist magic jedi skillz, drunken style, voodoo doll fu, cramped-ninjas-in-the-attic-impersonating-cats fu, the 18 weapons versus each other and a huge brawl in a pool of shit. I kid you not. So many great weapons fights. Great sword fights. Lots of shuriken and flying dart fights. Yummy Shaw Bros ultravi. Nom nom nom.

Another Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursday feature on El Rey. I would have watched the double feature but there was this ballgame on too....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse