Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge of Tomorrow
Still like the anime title better, 'All you need is Kill'.

It is groundhog day with an invading alien species. If you have seen any of the trailers, you have pretty much seen the sum total of the film. But the film is still enjoyable as sic-fi romp. I even liked Tom Cruise. His character isn't the usual uberman that he usually plays. He starts out with flaws that get him into trouble. But as the film progresses, the uber man does appear.

Tom is sentenced to relive the first day of the invasion into Europe to defeat an alien invasion. Since I knew this was coming, I kept waiting for this cycle to start. And when it does, it never really explores new territory. It does get repetitive, but that's the nature of the story.

It's a fine film. Probably watch it again when it pops up on cable.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Rented it. Enjoyed it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It was kinda funny. I must hand it to Tom as he plays the humorous aspect up well in an understated yet effective way here. Tom is surely one of my wife's celebrity exemptions, so we've seen a lot of Tom flicks. It's been touted as Groundhog Day meets Alien (although it should really be Alien 2 because that one had the exo-suits). I kept thinking how great EoT would have been with Bill Murray. Time travel flicks always have massive plot flaws, but oh well. The digital Mimic alien squids were a little annoying. I did like that Emily Blunt used a giant sword-like cricket bat.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse