Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Buck Noe
(05-24-2022, 08:22 AM)Greg Wrote: Did you have any idea Buck was such a beloved figure in the Cruz?
I'd been wondering the same thing.  You've now answered it.
(05-24-2022, 09:58 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Captain Insensitivity here: What functional illiterate wrote that article?
It read like something written in another language and then auto-translated to English.  But I wasn't going to say anything, to avoid accusations of insensitivity.
I'm nobody's pony.
Why you insensitive bastards you.

Okay, okay, the level of journalism here in the Cruz is lacking. When covid took my job, I considered submitting work to the local papers. I still think about it. That would be fun. Well, maybe not in covid times, but maybe if this pandemic ever ends, I'll reinvestigate it. I could write circles around a lot of the local reporters. Good Times has some decent people - their cover stories are generally good. But the Sentinel is weak. This reporter just recorded the first speaker and cherry-picked quotes to fill out the story. I'm glad he included Ethan's comment however, because that was spot on and well received by everyone. Chelsea was very upset that the first report (posted near the top of this thread) failed to mention her at all. Apparently she was standing right next to the reporter at the scene too. And Chelsea's hard to miss - she and Buck made a beautiful, poster perfect surfer couple. 

And no worries. I think of you as insensitive bastards regardless of your writing critiques. I'm just pleased that you're generally lenient upon my hack scribblings. It's a living, ya know?

Everything is fine.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The SC local news (not the Good Times) is pretty bad. Typos, malformed sentences. They stick out often enough that you stop taking in the story and start pondering how they escaped the draft process...I think of Tokyo Vice and the gaijin's editor throwing hist story back at him and saying "AGAIN!" over and over....

I went into the office Mon/Tues. There were some cleaning staff gathering in the lobby Monday evening when I was leaving. Among them was a mid-late 50's heavy set hispanic man wearing a Noe t-shirt. Given the timing, I wondered if he was a surfer. (he didn't seem like the type...)

--tg
[Image: 307343398_5844151778937136_2559277110861...e=632F236F]
Chelsea, Reef, and their dog Remus were evicted from Buck’s house today. Too sad. Not sure what the details are yet. I just saw the cops and some officials talking to her, and then saw her drive off. I went over to see an eviction notice taped to their door. I should reach out to her but I don’t know what to say. 

After Luigi losing his second dog in a month, it’s been a tough week here at the bungalow.