Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tunnel (BBC/PBS)
Speaking of Euro thrillers, I watched "The Tunnel" some time ago and never posted it here. A search doesn't reveal that anyone else has, so I'll write a short review....

In the opening episode we travel into one of the maintenance tunnels in "The Chunnel". A body is encountered and it is determined to be a homicide. The body is found placed exactly across the territory line between France and England. Crack investigative teams from both sides are dispatched, but find that because the jurisdiction is unclear, they are forced to work together. On the UK side is Karl, an elder, worn-out detective with a good heart and good intuition, but doesn't always do what he's told. On the French side is Elise, a young inspector, on the spectrum, with few social skills, but a mind for working all the angles. The series is as much about solving the ever expanding murder case (spoiler: the found body is actually two 1/2 bodies put together as one) as it is about the two figuring out how to work together. 

Very enjoyable. Apparently this is a rework of a Danish/Swedish tv series called "The Bridge" with the same premise, but taking place on a bridge in Mexico

There are more seasons which continue the story to conclusion.  

--tg

Stacy watched this and enjoyed it although it triggered her claustrophobia a little. I watched a few odd episodes but never got that engaged in it. I think I dropped in too much in the middle so I couldn't quite catch up.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Danish/Swedish series was in Daneland and Swedeborg. The *American* version was in Mexico/US

I don’t know what those commie northern euro abba-spewing countries call themselves.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Bork, Bork, Bork

—tg