Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Master Samurai (2018)
A samurai is inexplicably transported to modern times where he finds a benefactor who sets him up as a teacher at a small private school. It's charming. The samurai delights in smart phones and chocolate cake. It's also a fine snapshot of modern Japan. And yes, swordfights. Some nicely choreographed fights in fact. This was based on a manga and was made into TV series. It reminded me of Samurai Cat in how it balanced the sweetness of Japanese culture with bushido. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

DOOM recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Was this a library find?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Amazon Prime again - although I think Hoopla might carry it. It's been in my queue for like a year. 

It's very contemporary Japanese - cutesy and sweet but then it has this samurai side which is fatalistically poignant. Not a mind blowing film by any means but you could do a lot worse.
Very good. It sounded intriguing.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Really? It's got subs so it's not for tQ. Not bloody. Cute. He becomes the Samurai hottie on instagram. 

Samurai Cat (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4887) is much better at the cute Samurai motif but that's a series so a bigger commitment. Plus this has the temporal-outsider plot device which is always kinda funny.