Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Cab for Cutie @ the Greek 8/12/6
Since Roots, Rock, Reggae was a day show, I wound up at the Greek on my way home to drop off the show reports and donations. So I caught a few songs and visited for a few minutes. Boooooooooooring. They had this silly little set with cartoon-like houses, trees and lights on the sides. The music was insipid. The performance was listless and limp. The crowd looked like it was about to drift off to sleep. I started getting sleepy just being there. I was outta there in minutes. Lame, lame, lame. At least there were no puppets....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
See, that's the problem.

Death Cab should be seen in a lounge, from a booth or bar stool with a crowd of a hundred people or less and a drink in your hand.

They are NOT a fun-time outdoor pavillion kind of band.

Give them another chance when you're sitting down in a small club.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I dunno, bro. In your own review, you said you only stayed for 4 songs before getting overcome by fatigue (http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=307). I think their just a snoozer of a band. I totally agree that DC4C didn't work at the Greek. Maybe a lounge act would be better. Better still would be as a lullaby as I was lying in my bed at home. It's just not a sound that interests me. Melatonin ballads and ambien melodies. I'd rather listen to Julie Andrews sing Stay Awake.

Quote:Stay awake, don't rest your head
Don't lie down upon your bed
While the moon drifts in the skies
Stay awake, don't close your eyes

Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow's soft and deep
You're not sleepy as you seem
Stay awake, don't nod and dream
Stay awake, don't nod and dream

*yawn*
ok, nap time...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse