Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayans MC
I'm kinda hooked, mostly because I'm not watching anything else at the moment.  It's a sequel series to Sons of Anarchy, which I never watched at all.  Mayans MC gives it a latino spin.  It's a Mexican biker gang right on the border so there's gratuitous shots of the Wall, and there's tunnels of course.  It's gritty biker fun.  There's no qualms about the fact that these bad hombres are heroin dealers and cold blooded killers.  I confess that what drew me in was Sarah Bolger from Into the Badlands. I keep track of any starlet that I've held in my arms (in a consensual 'I'll deign to take a selfie with this press dude way' not anything #metoo because I know well the meaning of 'stop' as I've heard it enough times).  

Let's just pause for a moment and relive that, shall we?

[Image: 12080265_10153775292639363_2508336882666...e=5C5D4BC8]

Thanks to Greg for the fab photo.  Pretty eyes, huh?  Sarah is kinda cute too, right?  She has nice eyes too.

Actually, now that I'm looking Sarah has her arm around me.  AROUND ME.  Yeah, that's how DM rolls.  

The odd thing is that Sarah left Into the Badlands without dying.  She was cast out.  So she could return.  Odder yet is that she's playing more or less the same character in Mayans MC.  In ITB she was Jade, trophy wife of Baron Quinn, the big baddie, but she came up from poverty and always spoke for the needs of the poor, or at least tried to do so.  Plus she has a thing for a younger dude that opposes Quinn (his son). In MMC she's Emily Thomas, trophy wife of Cartel shotcaller Miguel Galindo, the big baddie, but she came up from poverty and always spoke for the needs of the poor, or at least tried to do so.  Plus she has a thing for a younger dude that opposes Galindo (EZ).

I suppose its a good role for her.  Although I confess that even though she's the one that drew me into the show, I've somewhat lost interest in her character.  I'm more interested in some of the Mayan characters and the main Cartel hitman with the goofy pigtails.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
So, not to spoil anything, but one of the characters gets set up with some drugs hidden in something they thought was innocuous while crossing the border.  I kinda saw that coming, but it was a good play.  But the border patrol officer, when he discovers the white powder, sticks his finger in it and tastes it.  That's so old school dumb, a cliche out of police movies and TV back in the 70s and 80s.  There are so many illicit powders that you would never want do that with now.  LSD can be crystallized into powder.  It's rare, but a taste like that would leave you trippin' for daze.  Everyone gloves up when handling potential substances - even me.  The chance of a contact high vs. a serious medical incident just aren't worth that taste.  Back in the day, when illicit drugs weren't so complex or so varied, you might have done that safely.  But not now.  No way.  

Still enjoying this show though.  Not so much that I want to check out Sons of Anarchy.  It's actually the latino angle that grabs me.  

And Sarah.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse