Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Park Jesus (2012)
I'm really enjoying the Russian Roulette of Netflix/Prime. It reminds me of the old MQ6 days.

I was searching for something to fill in the time before first pitch and "Trailer Park Jesus" turned up on my 'you may like' list bacause I watched a couple of episodes of "Trailer Park Boys"

The premise of the film is pretty basic. A college kid's car breaks down in Bumfuck, Mississippi where the locals help and harass him to varying degrees. He trades some LSD for a ride to the bus station and the ensuing mass-enlightenment motivates the  locals and himself to change their lives.

What was cool about this film is how the director starts it with no music, bad acting, seemingly bad writing (I almost turned it off), then slowly brings it to life as the LSD kicks in.

This movie was almost flasback-inducing in the realistic way it visualized an acid trip. Fabric patterns moving, lingering afterimages and sparkles. I'm pretty sure the director has "been there".

Anyway, I liked it and will appeeal to those who liked "Welcome to Woop Woop"
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I searched for this on Netflix to put it in my queue.  No luck.  I assume it's on Prime.   Angry
Shadow boxing the apocalypse