Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The King of Fighters (2010)
This is a movie based on a videogame, just in case you didn't know.  It's part of my Darth Maul research.  

Ray Park is the badass villain.  He wears a trench and resides in an alternate dimension, a tesseract with masked mannequins, so wants to be Matrix but it doesn't have any special effects beyond cheesy fireballs and a CGI medusa wig.  Ray has two henchvillainesses, hypnotized lesbian hotties in black bodices and mini-skirts.  One fights with brass knuckles, the other with what I thought was some weird double-handled tonfa in the beginning, but later figured they were just wooden armchair rests.  The three villains are awesome - DOOM awesome.  

The dialog is so terrible that it's painful to hear.  Maggie Q, who I've always liked but was somewhat spoiled on after talking to Daniel Wu as they used to date, Maggie is Maggie.  Will Yun Lee, who was a great friend of Tiger Claw before my time and named one of Time's sexiest men of the year after being a James Bond villain, he's ok.  The fight between him and Ray is ok, until it gets all fireball-ish.  Sean Faris, meh, I never liked him.  It's really all about Ray.  He makes a great super villain, somewhere between Highlander, Alex from Clockwork Orange, and Maul.  He busts some good moves.  The rest of the choreography is mediocre.  There's sword fights.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
He has very intense eyes.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm