Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies (2014)
Yeah, no.

I think Mr. Jackson ran out of steam. It was just a three hour chance to wrap up the story lines in the first two films. I'm still trying to figure out which are the five armies, because I can only come up with four. Unless you count the two halves of the Orc army as two separate armies.

Everything goes on for two long. Except for the battle scenes which for all their scope, don't have a lot of impact.

There is no one character you can say the film is about. Bilbo kind of pops in and out of the narrative. Bard has some focus for a time but then just seems to be running around the city. Gandalf has a few bits, but not much.

All the big stuff from Lord of the Rings is there, it just doesn't have any emotional impact.

Somebody needs to go back and cut the trilogy into one and a half films.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Quote:Greg says:
Somebody needs to go back and cut the trilogy into one and a half films.

Let me get my pair of scissors.
Wait. Maybe I should watch this first.
Or would just gawking a poster be okay?
I'm nobody's pony.
...we think the eagles count as one army. It's Tolkien, so it's all about the eagles. They could've solved all the Middle Earth conflicts easily if they just chose to do so.

And her review echoed yours. She said I might like it because it's all battle scene. Meh. I'll wait methinks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Friggin eagles. Deus ex machina sure makes a story great.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
it was either the eagles or the wargs.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse