Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Hustle (2014)
The second half of the debauche double feature for the weekend. The Queen did not participate. My feeling is when the most lauded film makers make films, you should watch.

This film was better than Wolf of Wall Street but only marginally so. The center of the story again finds con men getting targeted by the government, but here the con-men work with the government. The story is loosely based on the Abscam story of the seventies where the FBI used a fake Arab sheik to entice Senators into taking bribes.

In this story a really fat ex-Batman is a conmen is the one doing the scamming at the behest of the FBI. The women where very revealing dresses but there isn't as much nudity. Again, I wouldn't want to spend any time with these people except for Jeremy Renner who is the mayor of Atlantic City and comes across as a guy who is duped into taking the bribe.

Lots of exposition and dialogue to start of the film and then it mercifully goes away while the story is being told. But I hope the story would have a bigger Sting like impact but that never comes to fruition. Well a little bit. Basically, it's a moral cess pit and you get to watch.

This film had a more cohesive story than WoWS but the story still didn't grab me all that much.

No sword fights, euphemistically or otherwise.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit