Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unholy Knight by Seth Grahame-Seth
From the man who brought you 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies','Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter', and the screenplay for 'Dark Shadows' comes the action adventure story about the birth of Jesus Christ. On the night of the birth of Christ omens comes true specifically a shining light in and the sky, so Herod puts a plan into action to kill the children under two in Bethlehem. But the wise men, who are actually thieves dressed in stolen priest clothes are on hand to protect the son of God.

When I saw the Zombie book, I though that's funny but had no desire to read the mash-up. I almost went to the Abraham Lincoln movie but I'll wait for the DVD. Again, I think the idea will probably be better than execution.

Something about this story, though, intrigued me. I thought it would be more demon oriented but not really. It does hit all the points and following several weeks of Jesus's birth and does intertwine it with the tale of the wise men. Balthazar is the hero of the story and he feels compelled to save Jesus and his parents from Herod and Pontius Pilate's men. There are miracles. There is back story. There is post story (coda?) It's all a very easy read.

It just wasn't very enjoyable. After the "I get the gag" bit, it is not a very deep story. Plenty of running around. The ubiquitous narrow escapes, some of which come about through divine means. I just got bored by the characters and wanted it to be over.

But plenty of sword fights.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit