Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan.
Hadrian and Royce are the premiere thieves in the kingdom. But they are framed for the murder of the King and must run for the lives while trying to find the real culprits. In the second half of the novel, Hadrian and Royce are called upon to save the town of Dhalgren from a dragon like creature that is using the town as a buffet.

The Theft of Swords is part of a trilogy and all the books are available. Actually, it's a group of six book, but two novels are put together into each larger volume. Originally, the six books were self-published and were the biggest thing in the ebook world.

The reminded me of Fritz Lieber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series. They are light and funny. The heroes are supremely confident of their abilities. They are always the thieves with the heart of gold. There is lot of clever repartee between the characters. The story isn't terribly original, but it is well done.

I'm waiting for my library to cough up the rest of the volumes. Might have to break down and buy the third volume.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit