Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Mr. Fox
I took my mom to see a matinee this afternoon. We went to the theater in the old Oaks Shopping Center. It's been revamped as a bargain movie house called "Blue Light Cinemas" . Tickets were only $3.75. There were a number of fairly recent movies showing. Going there was a trip in the way-back machine. When I was a kid, we used to return bottles for change, or steal money out of the fountains so we could go there. I hadn't been back since they turned it from a 3-plex into a 5-plex.

Fantastic Mr. Fox was really enjoyable. I barely remember reading the story to my kids ages ago, but I think the movie deviated pretty significantly. Even so, the voice talent was great and the stop-motion animation and art design has its own integrity which grows on you.

Afterwords, I suggested we go browse at Clean Well Lighted Place for Books...oh well...

--tg
Ah, The Oaks...yes, much has changed.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I had though those cinemas had closed. And every movie theater needs a bookstore next to it. It should be a law.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
And a coffee-house.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
...that serves decent complimentary coffee...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
As much as I loathe Clooney, this was hysterical. Like O Brother, Clooney turns in a winner here. There's a lot of witty banter, and the film moves from outright silly to dramatic on hairpin turns. Streep, Dafoe & Dumbledore do some great voice work, not as overblown as the post DonKEH/mushu work of Murphy.

The stop motion animation was enjoyable in its vision. I never read Dahl's book. Saw this DVD right after seeing City of Ember, so it was a bit of a Bill Murray fest.

T liked Ember better. Dm is a sucker for decent stop-motion.
I declare that The Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of the best films ever?
declare that here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1933">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1933</a><!-- l -->

:roll:
Thanks, Mod Squad!
Needed more sword fights.