Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madonna 11/1/8 @ Oracle
I have always wanted to see Madonna. I've always been out of town when she's come through. I used to hate Madonna. Not like you guys. I remember having to listen to glynch humming Like a Virgin, and ED lip-synching Material Girl (so very :oops: ). Growing up with her pop tunes, she was never my cup of tea. It was not until Ray of Light that I got her. That's still one of my fav CDs. So many songs about a party sex god coping with parenthood, I could totally relate. Ever since she had her kids, I've enjoyed her work.

Madonna is a rock goddess. If you've never seen her live, you really should. It's one of the last remaining great stage shows, in league with U2 or the Stones. The days of big Floyd puppets are long past. For a woman of 50, she looks great. She's still got her dance moves. What a physique. When I think of the great older rockers, the ones that put out a ton of dance energy on stage like Jagger, Tina Turner or the Boss, none of them holds a candle to the kind of tight choreography that Madonna is busting out. She dances doing jump rope - double dutch even. The show was sold out tight - packed in nearly 50 trucks - nearly $500 for a floor seat. She plays for a 2-hour set, straight through, no intermission or encore. There are some pre-planned breaks where she can do costume changes and catch her breath, and she ducks behind her dancers to keep the energy up, but when she's on, she's totally on. The show was so entertaining that I might have to buy another CD. I was tempted by a Madonna Obama shirt.

Madonna Obama fo Fanna
Bonana fanna fo fanna
Fee fy mo Mann, Anna
Yeti Yeti bo Beti Bonana fanna fo Feti
Suk my toe Shetti, Yeti!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I liked her before, dammit. I almost bought that first album. I've shunned her since the Like a Virgin days. If you say she rocks, I say check your meds. How can you like that woman after what she did to Guy Ritchie?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Maybe she'd pick DM out of the crowd - to be used hard and put away wet. I'm sure she feeds on the blood of young candy perfume boys. What a way to go.
I'm sure Mrs. DM wouldn't mind at all. But isn't her body like leather at this point. If you need a picture proof, though, I'll be happy to fly up.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
One thing is for sure - Madonna is in amazing shape. When she took off her coat, her guns were solid (and not the ones you're thinking). Her dance moves would require thighs that could pop footballs and buttocks that can crush walnuts with a squeeze. That really impresses me. Older masters, whether they be rockers or martial artists, that's what it's all about. I've seen a lot of rockers up close. I've seen them burn out on stage. Madonna still has it.

I should mention the crowd. It was packed with gorgeous stylish women, euro models and fetish queens, mostly blonde and wolf packs of flamboyantly gay guys. Something for everyone here, except maybe TQ and LCF.