Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero
I'm here at the Hilton in Northbrook, Illinois, attending the annual sales meeting. My five minute presentation for which my presence was actually semi-necessary was done at 9:20 a.m. on Monday. I don't get to go home until late Thursday night.

When I arrived, it was warmer than L.A. - 50s and 60s. Naturally, they kept us indoors for that period. Right now, it's 0. And snowing. It's not supposed to snow when it's that cold, is it? It started out as rain. then freezing rain. Now it's that dry, sandy, dusty stuff. The wind is blowing steadily, causing the pine tree outside my windows to make really interesting groaning and banging sounds. Supposed to be even nastier tomorrow, with a *high* of 0. And thus, naturally, tomorrow morning bright and early, they're bussing us to the home office for a meeting.

I'm thinking it's a good thing I packed the thermal undergarments and snow boots. Confusedhock:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.