The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Superb Owl 58 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Media (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Superb Owl 58 (/showthread.php?tid=7967)

Pages: 1 2

Superb Owl 58 - Greg - 01-29-2024

I didn't watch much football growing up. Couldn't care less. My addiction started in college when the Niners went on a run and won their first in 1981. We watched all the games. I've been watching them ever since. It didn't hurt they won five championships in a short span to cement my fandom.

In most cases, I am not very superstitious.  But the football jinx looms large for me despite my attempts to resist it. I don't wear the gear on game day although I have the apparel for other days of the week. I was gifted a T-shirt commemorating the NFC Championship five years ago and I swear it cost us the Super Bowl. You don't get gifts for getting to 4-4 in a bout.

I was messed up Sunday when things were going right. For the first time in a long time, I slept in all the way until 6. The dogs were well behaved. It was all very strange and eerie. I was looking for that thing that would jinx us into a loss. I thought for sure it would have been the jacket from Badlands Hunter. I don't watch the pre-show prognostications. If all the pundits pick your team to win, you are doomed to lose. As an example, almost all the pundits picked the Ravens to crush the Chiefs. We saw how that turned out.

Fortunately, the Badlands jacket did not hurt me. Probably, because that guy lived and no one hurt the jacket. This madness will only get worse over the next two weeks.

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Drunk Monk - 01-29-2024

Do you check what’s happening with Mercury?

I do have a Super Bowl super stition. I wear my Super Bowl hat with my Super Bowl pin in it, along with my Super Bowl shirt from when I was AT THE SUPER BOWL. In person. For realz…

I don’t even remember who was playing that year…

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Greg - 01-30-2024

Whatever.

I have a FB friend in a 49er group. He goes to a lot of the big games. He was at the game Sunday. I jokingly asked him if had bought his Superb Owl tickets. He said he got them in October.

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Drunk Monk - 01-30-2024

IWT

[Image: beyonce-superbowl.gif]

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 01-31-2024

You all need to get out more.

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Greg - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 02:57 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: You all need to get out more.

Next you're going to want me to be with people.

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Drunk Monk - 01-31-2024

We missed our full moon gathering (not a euphemism, a gathering!) and now we're trying to avoid the event...

Honestly all I remember from that superbowl was the halftime show, the military gun show, a few odd errands I did, and the nachos I had, which were very satisfying. 

All I know about this superbowl is that it'll be very red. Nice of Taylor to lend her chart topping song to this.

Like I said...

You've all heard the Swifties 13 theory by now, right?

So much.

I don't understand the hate, but I wish people would talk about something else besides Ms. Swift at the moment.

I'm slightly torn on who to root for. 

It'll be the niners for sure, but as a swifty, well, honestly I hope she and Travis break up so she can write more awesome break up songs...I know that's wrong  and I have no defense for this.

If they do, there will be plenty of Bad Blood. But they are never ever getting back together.

Yes, I hate myself.

Hi. It's me. I'm the problem.

Just shoot me.

[Image: you%27re-welcome-taylor-swift.gif]

I did watch the end of the Chiefs Ravens game (how weird is that?) and I was disappointed that I missed T-swizzle's cameo. 

[Image: Untitled%20design%20(4).gif]

There better be more of her at the SwiftyBowl

RE: Superb Owl 58 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 02:35 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I'm slightly torn on who to root for. 

It'll be the niners for sure, but as a swifty, well, honestly I hope she and Travis break up so she can write more awesome break up songs...I know that's wrong  and I have no defense for this.

It's a win/win. Either the Commie Lefty Santa Clara 49ers win, or George Soros sock-puppet TSwizzle wins. Either way the MAGA-verse gets an aneurism.

RE: Superb Owl 58 - King Bob - 01-31-2024

All her cheering photos look totally posed. Is she ever not performing?

I don’t think she has that luxury anymore. 

[Image: 8f7dd390447b63c11a3531ff7a927e53.gif]