The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Computers (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Doom Gatherings (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose (/showthread.php?tid=7287)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 11-09-2022

TC signed the contract and has committed to next year. I’m getting the impression that they aren’t thinking it out very well because progress is glacial. I’m eager to support this, looking forward to getting back to it, but it’s feeling like no one is steering the ship, and there’s only so much that I can do remotely. I suspect that TC isn’t clear about how much Patrick and I did for this - took it for granted - both Patrick and I are into helping out but there’s only so much we can do, and it’s much less compared to what we used to do.

Nevertheless. I am getting the band back together - reassembling my dragon crew. 

So far Greg is out (something about going away to Ireland which is an acceptable excuse). ED is in and the cfs are tentative.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 11-10-2022

Sorry, I'll be gathering on the moon

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - thatguy - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 12:00 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Sorry, I'll be gathering on the moon

On the dark side? 

--tg

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 03:57 PM)thatguy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 12:00 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Sorry, I'll be gathering on the moon

On the dark side? 

--tg
(11-09-2022, 11:11 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I am getting the band back together - reassembling my dragon crew. 

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. 

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 01-26-2023

this is starting to get real...

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 03-29-2023

Shaolin Temple has coat-tailed on our event. 11 warrior monks and 3 handlers are coming. We're adding a show on Friday, and seminars and exams during the tournament somehow. The Shaolin exams have been happening around the world since the pandemic. They started online, but there's been a few in-persons around the world. This will be the first North American one. It's kind of a big deal - I don't know how we'll manage it exactly.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Greg - 03-29-2023

Fun! Sorry to miss that. (Not that sorry)

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 03-29-2023

I'm actually excited for this. I don't know how we'll pull it off, but we're working with a school that's very organized so hopefully they will do the heavy lifting.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 04-11-2023

I was doing some work on this and rewatched this:

Man, what a flashback. So trippy to see Payhuan (Peter) back then, and remember that scene. Sal! And I still had hair. Lots of it. Thanks for capturing that weekend, Greg. That was fun, right?

TCEC is starting to kick my ass, and it's barely begun.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Greg - 04-12-2023

Oh, sure. Error occurred.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 04-26-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:55 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: It's kind of a big deal - I don't know how we'll manage it exactly.

Things seem super chaotic at Tiger Claw. I get these broken messages, mostly Gigi asking for last minute things asap, which I can't deliver because 1. I have a regular full time job and 2. it cuts into my D00M4M time and we can't have that now, can we?

It's strange to be heavily involved as I am yet distant. This remote access is annoying and at the same time, somewhat of a relief.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Greg - 04-26-2023

Is it ED?

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 04-26-2023

It's Victor. You remember Victor, right? Mr. I'm-so-buff-I-can't-keep-my-shirt-on-Ukrainian...

He's bringing his company - a team of 3 more videographers. He wants to do commentary like a real sports show. We'll see how that goes...

He's not charging us at all. He wants to do it for the promotion of his company. How could we say no with our best videographer off in the land of Ire?

No one has heard from Jason since he was let go due the pandemic. Some say he returned to Taiwan. Most don't care. No one knows what became of a lot of his in-progress videos and most of the video equipment. It was all out of date anyway.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Greg - 04-26-2023

That's excellent. He should do a good job for you.

RE: 2023 Tiger Claw Elite Championships - May 6-7 - San Jose - Drunk Monk - 05-03-2023

Just might have lost 2 of my dragon crew. One isn't feeling well after working with a sick kid (she works with at-risk youths) and another's father just went back into the hospital. I lost two earlier, but my crew is still ok.