The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Die Antwood - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Die Antwood (/showthread.php?tid=6705)

Pages: 1 2

Die Antwoord - Drunk Monk - 02-23-2012

Die Antwoord @ Regency 2/22/12

Remember Die Antwoord from the martial world thread? <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=390">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=390</a><!-- l -->

It was a young, clean and fresh crowd.  A lot of people let their freak flags fly - a lot of costuming including a lot of gold spandex (Die Antwoord evil boy style methinks), some vampires, a big annoying purple bunny guy, a pegasus/unicorn dude (pegacorn?), a few ninjas and a guy in a cheap Tiger Claw karate gi that he sharpied with Antwoord logos. There were a lot of great tattoos.  It was a very visual crowd - fun to interact with.  

Vin Sol opened, which was just two lame guys and a laptop.  They sucked.  they might be good fully X-ed out with a crowd of writhing dancers who were also fully X-ed out, but then again, pretty much anything is good in that situation.  RM got a lot of donations for earplugs and they weren't very loud, just sucky.  

Die Antwoord had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands.  The DJ was like Humungus in the Road Warrior, who opened with a wicked mix with the lyrics "gonna fuck you in the ass!"  For a while, dm thought he was just there to flex his biceps to the beat, but he did deliver in the end.  Ninja seems like a caricature white trash South Afrikaaner - or zef as he calls it.  He's can spit lyrics well, and is especially good at shouting the word 'fuck' and opened with an old skool back flip stage dive.  Yolandi Visser is this tiny screeching elf - she's rather grating actually and should stick to singing over rapping.  Die Antwoord wasn't as impressing as dm hoped.  But they did rock their finale, which was Enter the Ninja, of course, enough so that dm would check them out again via RM if it met with his schedule.

forgot to mention... - Drunk Monk - 02-23-2012

Die Antwoord opened with tracks of Gyuto monk chants, volume turned up to 11. On the screen was the image of Leon Botha, who was the oldest progeria survivor and collaborated with Die Antwoord until his death last year. It was a stark shot, a slightly slowed film of his face as he stared out at the audience, and those chants at that volume was just bone rattling.

So I really liked the beginning and the end of the show. The middle was tainting by that shrieking elf girl. Don't get me wrong. I got nothing against elves. I just don't care for their shrieking.

Caught them on Kimmel last night - Drunk Monk - 02-24-2012

Yolandi was wearing her all black contacts. Freaky, very freaky.

Speaking of Yolandi - Drunk Monk - 06-18-2013

She just dropped this
[youtube]K8nrF5aXPlQ[/youtube]

Nice... - cranefly - 06-18-2013

That seems almost too perverse for public consumption. Kudos to her.

Are you aware of this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1823672/

I am now - Drunk Monk - 06-19-2013

Thanks for sharing. I figured someone here might appreciate that vid.

Yolandi is disturbing on many levels. I go from being really annoyed by her whiny voice to being fascinated by her work in that same dark way that I enjoyed the Residents.

Yolandi is calling me by name now - Drunk Monk - 10-21-2013

[youtube]ZRbawqGLjkQ[/youtube]

I scared.

Re: Yolandi - cranefly - 10-21-2013

My goodness.
This is so far beyond what anyone else is doing.

we gotta go see this CF - Drunk Monk - 11-04-2014

Not sure how I'd justify a screener if one was offered. He Man's sword? Don't think so.

[youtube]OXwichuGW28[/youtube]

Maybe it'll cure us of our Bollywood addiction.

Of course, it has Dev Patel, so maybe it'll just make it worse.

Re: Die Antwoord @ Regency 2/22/12 - Greg_phpbb3_import1 - 11-04-2014

And you are posting this in the music section because you have already forgotten you started a trailer thread?

nuh man... - Drunk Monk - 11-04-2014

I'm following up on CF's IMDB post on this above on Jun 18, 2013.

There's a method to my madness.

But it's still madness.

this trailer looks completely different from the first - Drunk Monk - 01-09-2015

[youtube]lyy7y0QOK-0[/youtube]

still wanna see it. still trying to hustle a screener...

Re: Die Antwoord @ Regency 2/22/12 - cranefly - 01-09-2015

Hmmm.
Methinks they should have let whoever directs Yolandi's videos direct this movie.
Then again, it would never get a big release.
Still want to see it, though. But starting to look a bit derivative.

Re: Die Antwoord @ Regency 2/22/12 - thatguy - 01-09-2015

cranefly Wrote:But starting to look a bit derivative.

I think the original had Steve Guttenburg:

[youtube]RBtRVjAMbVo[/youtube]

--tg

why i luv die antwoord - shit like this. - Drunk Monk - 06-26-2017