The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas (/showthread.php?tid=4216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - El Dingo - 09-27-2017

Life is Beautiful 2017 - Las Vegas

Fremont Sreet, baby.

The strip is for the 55+ and newbie crowd.

Once again we booked the Golden Nugget, this time through Life is Beautiful which promised some profits go to charity or whatnot. I was  just happy to get 4 nights at $250.00.

We checked in Thursday and I promptly came down with a stomach flu. The kind that requires constant hydration and proximity to a bathroom.

I forced myself to attend a couple of sets on Friday (The Rhyolite Sound, Dreamcar) but had to retreat to our room early on.

On Saturday I felt much better and we stayed for the duration (with one hike back to the hotel for a nap). We caught Coin, San Fermin, Andrew McMahon, Schoolboy Q, Missio, Cage the Elephant Tycho and some of Muse. At the end our feet were growing blisters on their blisters so we booked out.

Sunday I was much better and we made a day of it with only one trip back to the hotel. we caught Cameron Calloway, a bit of Hippo Campus, a bit of PVris (they suck), a bit of Bearson, Mondo Cozmo (I like him quite a lot), De La Soul (they were great!) ...insert nap time back at the hotel here ... The XX (boring to me, but apparently have a huge following) ..insert holding our spot for Gorillaz while I lament not seeing MGMT.

Gorillaz were great, lots of guest appearances by Pusha T, De La Soul etc. (ggoogle)

Anyhow - we spent several hundred on food, drink and slot machines but we had a blast.

RE: Life is Beautiful 2017 - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 11-29-2020

RE: Life is Beautiful 2017 - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-03-2021

wait...wtf? srsly?

RE: Life is Beautiful 2017 - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-05-2021

(04-25-2021, 08:57 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Our director ... talked about taking me to Life is Beautiful this year.

I’ve been added to the crew. I need to sort my flight info to submit to production tomorrow. Wow - when was the last time I was on a road crew? 

Hopefully the surge will have subsided by then.

https://lifeisbeautiful.com/home/

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 08-05-2021

That's an amazing line-up!

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-05-2021

LiB has built their rep upon epic line ups. 

I think the last time I was in Vegas was for the premiere of Cirque’s KA. Damn, is that right? That was 2004...

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - thatguy - 08-05-2021

I can’t remember the airline, I want to say “Advantage”, but they have cheap flights from Monterey to Las Vegas. 

—tg

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-05-2021

Thanks but I'll fly out of SJC. It's easier for me. Plenty of flights. Southwest was always good to me for SJC>LAS but that was 18 years ago? That can't be right, can it? 

As for 'cheap', I'm not paying for it. They won't upgrade me to first class but there you have it. The flight kinda freaks me out.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-11-2021

I just received the confirmed crew list. I'm the last name on an 18 person crew. It's a solid squad. My title is 'dedicated psych'.

The last time I was in Vegas was not for Cirque. It was for LB's wedding in 2012 - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/showthread.php?tid=1334&pid=15798#pid15798.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 08-16-2021

I just got my flight tickets. 

This is a go.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 09-12-2021

(09-27-2017, 06:42 PM)El Dingo Wrote: Once again we booked the Golden Nugget,

Interesting. I'm at the Gold Nug this weekend too. 

(09-27-2017, 06:42 PM)El Dingo Wrote: Mondo Cozmo (I like him quite a lot)

Totally saw MC last Saturday at BottleRock. Failed to get a review up on my rolling commentary. I must've been busy. 

I should start on the packing next...

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 09-14-2021

Ha! Found my Mondo Cozmo review from BottleRock. They were mistakenly posted in the Shang-Chi thread when I was getting discombobulated with my iPhone posting.

(09-04-2021, 12:44 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Ha. Please forward that to me.

Thanks! Funny that the author messed up the 9 tail fox but got the DiJiang. I’ve been trying to figure that one out and that’s a solid lead.

Mondo Cozmo - wannabe Edge guitarist. Not bad tho.

There’s a huge cloud of fire smoke from outside the venue.
(09-04-2021, 02:23 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Goddammit

Spilled nacho cheese on my crotch. Left a mark.

Cosmo was okay. Very U2 derivative but not in a bad way.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Greg - 09-15-2021

DM: specializing in word salad.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 09-15-2021

Salad is my reality. I just call ‘em like I see ‘em. Spelchuck does the rest.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Greg - 09-15-2021

It's because you've become unmoored from time.