The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Into the Badlands - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Into the Badlands (/showthread.php?tid=3994)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Into the Badlands - Drunk Monk - 02-15-2017

Oh what the hell?!? We don't have an info the Badlands thread here? It's only nested in other threads? This must be rectified!

Pass me the chap stick. Im going to kiss up to this show like Christie for Trump. 

So after a hellish week of work and HWY17, I got the screener for ep 1 & 2 for season 2. Stacy & Tara are in Gregs hood looking at colleges (which is why I was stuck with Stacy's car today) so I poured myself a huge shit of the Irish Single malt (more on this later if you're curious) and then realized my password wont be approved until tommorow. 

Yet another new level of HELL for me. Where the heck is Virgil to guide me through?

RE: Into the Badlands - Greg - 02-15-2017

Those shits can be rough.

Of course when I tried to write shits it spell checked it to shots.

Shits, shots - Drunk Monk - 02-15-2017

Well alright, I'll have another.

Another shot. Not more shit. Too much shit already. Funny my autocorrect seems to swap shot for shit. These smart phones - they are learning us.

I decided to buy Into the Badlands S1 off iTunes and rewatch it. It makes a good binge. Season 1 is so N'awlins sweaty. I'm really curious to see how that might translate into Dublin chilly.

RE: Into the Badlands - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 02-16-2017

Dublin Chili. Irish Nachos. It's all starting to come together.

Med - Drunk Monk - 02-16-2017

Theres nothing quite as medicinal as a goodly dose of ultravi.

Binged season 1. I figure I spent about the same amount of time sitting in the car today as I did watching all 6 eps. It's so much more enjoyable now. Any show that puts their top sword hottie in my arms twice gets my solid endorsement. Same goes for any show whose lead takes me out for tea in Dublin. I'm pretty easily bought that way. Luv the show. Everyone should watch it so there's a season 3.

RE: Into the Badlands - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 02-16-2017

The Widow is hawt. The fights were great. They bought you tea. SOLD!

Bloody good! - Drunk Monk - 02-16-2017

Its got decent swordfights and lots of blood. What's not to luv?

So I screened S2: ep 1 & 2 but I'm still under NDA. What can I say? The shift to Ireland changes the atmosphere and Bajie is just what the show needed now.

Ep 3 goes live for me tomorrow. So hooked.

CRAP! - Drunk Monk - 02-17-2017

Ep 3 is giving me an error that I've already exceeded my maximum views. Must be a bug because I haven't seen it yet and I can still rewatch ep 1&2.

So bummed.

Agony - Drunk Monk - 02-17-2017

AMC emailed me personally to tell me they reset my view counter so I could watch it.

But it didn't work.  There's no screen, just a pic, a description and a view counter. I emailed back but they're probably done for the weekend. Then again, maybe not because they work promos on the weekend.

I will check back later

RE: Into the Badlands - El Dingo - 02-17-2017

I watched S1 but had mixed feelings. It almost seemed like an audition reel for fight choreography. The story and acting were 'meh' but some of the fight scenes were great, particularly the very first fight scene to rescue the kid in the box and the first female fight scene (forgive my vagueness but it was over a year ago).

I have the new season taping for a binge session so we''ll see.

Still bummed - Drunk Monk - 02-17-2017

I still can't log on to the screener.  Angry

I can't even say I'm not biased about INTO THE BADLANDS. Watching S2E1&2, I kept saying 'oh yeah. I was there.. I know that set.' I think you'll like Bajie (Nick Frost).

S2E3 - Drunk Monk - 02-25-2017

S2E3 was released to the screeners and a rep from AMC was kind enough to let me know personally. The show now has 5 major story arcs: Sunny & Bajie, the Widow, M.K., Veil, and Lydia. Bajie and Ireland really ramp it up, making S1 look more like a long pilot. S2 is more sanguinuous, more decapitory and delimbatory. It's become all about Sunny, Bajie and the Widow for me, but mostly because I've met them. Daniel continues to impress as I've seen a fair amount of his work by now and had two long informal chats, plus we swap comments over Instagram & email. As the Yeti sez, Emily is hawt. I can hardly wait to drop my next selfie with her (this week my NDA expires). It's not as cute as the one Greg took of us at the sneak, but Emily is in costume and it's in the Widow's lair so that makes it cool in a different way. And Nick is hilarious. I gotta check out more of his films. It's funny because he acts so much fatter in the show than he is. 

I'm hoping AMC continues to share screeners ahead of the telecasts for S2, just so I can be cooler than all of you on this here thread.  Cool

RE: Into the Badlands - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 02-25-2017

Nick Frost (and Simon Pegg) are in my fave cop movie "Hot Fuzz". The whole "Cornetto Trilogy" is great, but that one is my fave.

Just finished S1 all six episodes - cranefly - 03-12-2017

Netflix streaming now carries Into the Badlands, season 1.

I just finished watching the six episodes.  It wasn't a binge-watch.  Instead, I paced myself over several nights during which I binged on homemade pumpkin pie and homemade whipped cream.

After the first episode, my reactions were:  1) Wow, this very dry and overly serious.  They need loosen up.  2) The world creation is overly simplistic, with one Baron controlling poppies, another Baron controlling oil, etc. -- very allegorical, but not promising as the basis for a post-apocalyptic world tale.  3) Sonny is going to be spending all his time in a tattoo parlor getting tats for all his kills, and he's going to run out of skin like now (those are big tat-marks)!  Is that why Bajie was brought aboard, so Sonny can put overflow tats on him?

But as the episodes progressed, it loosened up some, and the plot became more involved.  And it's colorful, with its various factions and settings, so it keeps me interested.  Where I think it totally shines -- and DM mentioned it here or in an article -- is the rich ethnic mix among the characters.  The show serves as a template for how most movies and series should be casted.

I'd even venture to call the series Fellini-esque in its use of odd-looking people, ranging from young to old, skinny to fat, very black to very white.  Kudos to those calling the shots.

Looking forward to seeing Season 2.  Not certain when Netflix will start streaming it.  

Poached off the EL REY thread - Drunk Monk - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 09:15 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: "upcoming Widow sanguinosity". Good phrase. Make a really good chapter title for an anime series.

Gotta luv a stiletto heel vs stiletto heel fight. But still, an ep without Sunny & Bajie? Coincidentally, I was texting Daniel about his identity being catfished on Facebook and complained directly. Srsly.

Watched ITB S2E4 & Homeland S6 finale - lots of lead role deaths...