The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
4:20 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Discussions (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: The Big Questions (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 4:20 (/showthread.php?tid=3705)

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-26-2021

FreDP: Yukz is having fun but we gotta go soon because I need to get

RE: 4:20 - thatguy - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 04:14 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: FreDP: Yukz is having fun but we gotta go soon because I need to get

do you mean: "I need ta git..."

--tg

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-26-2021

Both

Needed to pick up Phoebe from aamco - they called right when I was posting this. Phoebe & the funkmobile are now both in reasonable working order. Next week, Darth goes in for maintenance. 

Cars are so needy.

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-27-2021

In SF nearby Kaiser. Stacy is picking up some Vicodin. Been a long odd day. I think it was the mouse in my years playing dead that started it.

RE: 4:20 - cranefly - 07-27-2021

(07-27-2021, 04:27 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: In SF nearby Kaiser. Stacy is picking up some Vicodin. Been a long odd day. I think it was the mouse in my years playing dead that started it.
Taken out of context, that could be a very discombobulating statement.

In context, I'd add a few more syllables to that adjective.

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-27-2021

Spelchuk swapped ‘years’ for ‘yard’. I kinda like it better tho.

When I went to get water (we get it by the gallons at a purifier store) there was this mouse lying in our yard. I figure it’s the one that’s been digging holes. It was lying next to the walkway, still and glassy eyed. I figured a cat got it and didn’t want Yuki to eat it (I told you about the squirrel cadaver he found, right?) so I went to pick it up with the pooper scooper and it jumped awake and looked at me like ‘wth dude?!?’ Then it burrowed into a hole by the sidewalk.

It was odd but I didn’t really think about it until I was stuck in the car with Yuki as we waited an hour for Maiser to fill Stacy’s prescription. There was a schizo woman dancing about on the sidewalk next to us and I struggled not to make eye contact but Yuki was fascinated. Somehow that triggered my memory of the mouse.

RE: 4:20 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 07-27-2021

I hope the meds are helping. Mouth pain is a special kind of hell.

RE: 4:20 - thatguy - 07-28-2021

A bad toothache will change your world view.

Dental health is mental health.

--tg

RE: 4:20 - King Bob - 07-28-2021

Legbone said that there was a Chinese medical axiom "You follow your teeth"

RE: 4:20 - cranefly - 07-28-2021

On many occasions of late I've had health professionals ask me to gauge my level of pain from 1 to 10, 10 being worst.  I've been at 1 or 2, sometimes 0, most times.  The worst it got with the post-surgical hips was maybe a 5.  When they ask me about level of pain, I always think of past toothaches and place them at 9.  I'm reserving 10 for something I've yet to encounter.

The worst I've felt recently is a 7, and that had no persistence, was just momentary, and repetitive, coming only when I swallowed -- the aftermath of having accidentally poisoned myself.

RE: 4:20 - King Bob - 07-28-2021

For me the worst was my herniated disc. Actually most extreme when I got the first cortisone shot, despite a local anasthetic. I'd call that a 10. So intense it just overwhelms everything.

RE: 4:20 - thatguy - 07-28-2021

I've broken my collarbone(s) 3 times. Broken my thumb. Meh...I had a gall "sludge" incident (not quite a gall stone). That was a kick in the shorts, but when I was ~11-12, I split a front-bottom tooth down the middle by pushing a kickboard underwater in a pool and having it slip, shoot up and hit me in the chin. The fresh air on the tooth's nerve was blindingly painful. The root canal on a live tooth more so. It took me years to trust dentists again.

--tg

[Image: steve-martin-dentist-gif.gif]

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-28-2021

It’s been a rough go. Her dentist cleaned her up and she’s on pain killers and antibiotics. She's scheduled for a foot canal in sept.

Now Yuki & I are back at FreDP. He and Kona have been going at it non-stop. They’re such good buddies.

RE: 4:20 - Greg - 07-28-2021

Foot canals are the worst!

RE: 4:20 - Drunk Monk - 07-28-2021

Spelchuck iz migh fren