The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Christmas 2013 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Computers (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Doom Gatherings (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Christmas 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=2969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Christmas 2013 - Greg_phpbb3_import1 - 11-07-2013

The Queen and I are heading North for Christmas. We'll be in the Bay Area from the 22nd to the 28th (Monday before Christmas until the Friday, possibly Saturday after). We will be staying at the Lynch manor. The dogs will be with us. All manner of hellscapes could ensue.

Re: Christmas 2013 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 11-08-2013

Holy shit! OK, you are both invited to spend as much time with me at the shop of at my various fencing clubs as you like; I'll be working most of the time, as usual.

If I can hook up Alice Dee... - Drunk Monk - 11-08-2013

...can I dose KB and turn him loose in Lynch Manor?

JK

You're always welcome at TC too. Gigi would love to see ya. And we have a full studio at your disposal.

If you make it down to the Cruz, life is good here. Unfortunately we'd have to pitch a tent to have guests at the Bungalow.

As for a DOOMXMAS2013, that sounds intriguing.

Re: Christmas 2013 - cranefly - 11-08-2013

You're likewise welcome to hang out at Platypus Hovel. But be aware we still have an old-style TV.
I tried to motivate myself to get a new HD flat-screen this past week. They don't cost that much. But I'd want to hook the internet up to it, and we'd need higher speed than our current DSL (1.4 Mb/s download),
and all the available carriers just infuriate the hell out of me with their gimmicks.

A DOOM gathering would be nice as well.

Re: Christmas 2013 - El Dingo - 11-13-2013

Let me check our Reno schedule.

Would you guys be willing to make the trek up to Maggimoto Castle for a DOOM gathering?

Dec 26 2013 - Greg_phpbb3_import1 - 11-27-2013

This is the day that best works for me. I can't give you a place, but I can give you a time. Maybe we should just show up at Victory and drink all of the Yeti's Talisker?

PPFY doesn't let us wreck the place... - Drunk Monk - 11-27-2013

... which is understandable. Besides, last time I was by Victory, there was no Talisker. There was a soy sauce incident instead, a very shameful one, and now some Victory clients will wonder why their gear smells like Chinese food. But we will speak no more of that.

I work on the 26th, but could be free in the evening for DOOM libations.

Re: Christmas 2013 - El Dingo - 12-04-2013

I will be in Reno 12/25 - 12/28 but I will be with you in spirits.

DOOM at Platypus Hovel on Dec. 26, 6-ish - cranefly - 12-04-2013

Okay, I just checked with the Lady, and she says, "Sure!"
So if there is ample interest*, we're willing to host.

*Ample interest = 1 or more guests. I hate chatting to what turns out to be an empty living room (actually, it doesn't bother me a bit).

or we could break into Maggimoto castle... - Drunk Monk - 12-05-2013

Storm the castle! Storm the castle!!!

wait. where will the maggimoto hounds be?

Re: Christmas 2013 - The Queen - 12-06-2013

I would very much enjoy spending more time with Lady CF. Especially if it means that we can leave you boys to enjoy watching something with sword fights and Bollywood numbers that will make your eyes bleed.

Lady CF likes swordfights too - Drunk Monk - 12-06-2013

I mean really, who here doesn't like swordfights.

Methinks I'm the only DOOMer into Bollywood, but that's mostly because I spent some time in India.

The Queen loves sword fights - The Queen - 12-06-2013

Don't get me wrong, I love a good sword fight, too! I even enjoy a bad one if they're not extremely obvious about just banging swords together vs. trying to kill each other.

What I probably should have said is that I've seen several films that have been described to me as "DOOM material" that I would be just as happy to skip, and I suspect that LCF might agree. Unless of course the brotherhood was doing a good job of MST3K-ing the heck out of it, then it probably doesn't matter how bad the movie is, so long as there's alcohol involved.

Re: Christmas 2013 - cranefly - 12-06-2013

I consulted Lady Cranefly on the possibility of an outing with the Queen on the 26th.
Her response.
"Sure!"

She's been vocabulary building this year. "Sure" is the December word.
But I do think she has a favorable opinion of the matter.

they'll probably go out to some bollywood swordfight - Drunk Monk - 12-06-2013

speaking of which:
Quote:Michelle Yeoh plans Bollywood entry
Dibyojyoti Baksi, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, December 01, 2013

First Published: 15:18 IST(1/12/2013)
Last Updated: 15:24 IST(1/12/2013)

After acting in Chinese and Hollywood films, actor Michelle Yeoh has now set her sights on Bollywood.

The Malaysian-Chinese star, who shot to international fame with her roles in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) and as a Bond girl in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), is now looking forward to
producing a mainstream film in India. This development follows Yeoh's recent release, Pad Yatra: A Green Odyssey, for which she is an executive producer.

"We are thinking of a movie that is based in Ladakh, Nepal and India. We're in the process of writing the script. It will be a mainstream commercial film," says Yeoh. So will we see her shake a leg, Bollywood-style, in the movie? "I think I have to brush up my singing and dancing and hopefully you will see me in Bollywood soon," she says.

The actor goes on to profess her love for Hindi cinema saying, "I love Bollywood. This is the place where tradition, colour and emotions are shown. You share your culture with love and passion. For me, cinema is magic and that is what you do." With such a stellar acting career, Yeoh will not be short of offers from Bollywood film-makers, but when asked if there's a queue of directors already forming outside her door, she says, "I will have to start talking to some Bollywood directors."

Yeoh's latest film has a message on environmentalism. The actor was recently in Goa as the chief guest of the closing ceremony for the 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2013, where her film was also screened.

The movie, narrated by Hollywood actor Daryl Hannah, features an Eco-Pad Yatra (spiritual journey on foot) that His Holiness Gyalwang Drukpa undertook with his followers. The group trekked across the Himalayas to spread awareness about the increase in plastic waste in the region.

"His Holiness is really humble to do this film. He has done it out of love and passion, not only for human beings, but nature as well. He wants to make the world a better place for us. Through documentaries we can share messages with the rest of the world. When you watch something like this, you suddenly realise that it doesn't take too much for us to take that first step," says Yeoh.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news-feed/chunk-ht-ui-homepage-entertainment/michelle-yeoh-plans-bollywood-entry/article1-1157786.aspx