The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 (/showthread.php?tid=1023)

Pages: 1 2

Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 01-28-2008

It was a benefit for Habitat for Humanity. The show wasn't announced anywhere except from Phil's site and word of mouth. Tickets were expensive, like $100 or something. From 7-9, there was like six bands from Phil's son's music school. They were like High school bands, but better than some of the opening acts I've seen at the Mo'. We even had to break up a school yard fight - took the perp teen to the back office (the principal's office) and told him if he was an adult, he would have been arrested to scare him straight. Then PL&F came on at 10 and played two sets (only one was promised on the ticket) ending at 1:30 AM, way past my bedtime now.

First set was ok - China Cat open, which delighted an old friend of mine that was wearing a cat hat - Deal, BIODTL - was on a call for Dire Wolf which really worked for me (nothing like humming "i beg of you don't murder me" as you pull one of the fallen to safety) - some Jackie Green song and a serviceable Cumberland.

2nd set opened with Mountains of the moon, which I only know because I cheat and peeked at the set list. I thought it was space to Dark Star. DS served as the amazing launch platform that it was meant to be. The show exploded. Phil was rolling out those delicious boulders of thundering bass which can be felt more than heard - the Phil Zone...ahh yes...to be back in the Phil Zone... felt like coming home. There was a soulful Death don't have no mercy, then an other one that left a smoking crater just like it's supposed to, eyes, sug mag and enc: lovelight.

It was the best Dead flashback I've had since Jerry left. PL&F have recaptured that magic jam, that group mind sound, that essential ecstatic jam that was the Grateful Dead. It's not the Dead, of course, but the heart is the same. I'm thinking I might have to buy a ticket soon. I hope this incarnation of PL&F sticks around for a while. They are really on to something....again.

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 11-03-2023

And we’re back.

Sold out show. How I luv the Fillmore crew. So crusty & jaded. SF’s finest!

Dec 15 & 17

Playing 

1st patient from the pit - 75 yr old vape victim.

> Bertha

Phil zone dropping those heavy bass bombs. That sound. I LUV THAT SOUND

Our break sofa had bed bugs, likely from the homeless night watchman who sleeps there, so I’m told.

China

> rider

Brown eyed women

Ramble

> playin

Break

Damn it’s packed tonight

Help > slip

Deal

A barfer outside - she got it out and we got her back

Stranger

Shakedown

Terrapin

Missed a song because we had to talk a gal into putting her tits away. We could lose our liquor license because we’re not a topless joint.

Franklins

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 11-04-2023

I lost track of the end because Baxter, Josh’s dog (house manager) barfed because this tall teenage gal who is the daughter of someone else there on the crew fed him too much chicken. Then I got to engaged in conversation with the crew and lost track of hat was going on.

All in all, a delightful night. Good to reconnect with the Mo crew and I was delighted that so many remembered me well. I miss the old manager Tony because he was a bud (he needed work during the pandemic and found another job after decades with BGP) but Ray (who’s a fellow FESF geek) is also a bud and there’s the new gal named Fletch who seems very cool. Ran into my evil twin and her partner and joined them for terrapin. Phil dropped a line badly in that, but it was enjoayable.

Phil still has his chops. His friends are ok. I like his keyboardist. 

They are pressuring me to come back for 2 more Phil shows next month. We shall see…

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 11-05-2023

Meant to post this here: 

(11-04-2023, 02:09 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
Officer Blowkowski (evil twin’s partner and partner of DMs alter ego officer Hookerz) posted a set list and filled in my gaps

(PITB > Bertha which we missed waiting in the 75 minute security in line.)
China Cat>
Rider
Briwn eyed
Ramble on
Tenn Jed >
PITB reprise

Help >
Slip >
Deal
Shakedown
Terrapin
Franklin's
E: Ripple (super upbeat arrangement)

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 11-07-2023

https://www.terrapinclubhouse.com

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 11-22-2023

Darkstarathon sounds funny to me. I can hardly wait to tune in, turn on and…

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 12-15-2023

In the house again.

They’re trying to get me to come up for some of the 20 show run in February. 

‘Mo enablers.

Crew is having a contest on who knows the least deadheads. It’s a battle for sure. We’re all in denial.

Sounded like an acapella wheel opening teaser. 
Stagger Lee

Ujb

Sycopal

Let it grow
Pride of cucamonga

BREEAK

BREEAK

Damn. That was more blood than I wanted to see tonight. 

And it’s still set break.

Unbroken chain

Another sycopal

Busy for our small but mighty foursome.

Some tweaker was trying to pull apart a light on the Xmas tree.

My 1st syncope just told me his buddy was an another patient at the same time. I told them I wanna party with them. They tipped me the strain that put them down. I’ll save it for later, when I’m home.

Passenger

Dark star

Standing on the moon = our wedding song

Puker

Sug mag ssdd

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 12-16-2023

E: Cumberland

Phil’s not looking good. Peaky. Sat down for the last few songs. I was too busy to tune in that much but my deadhead friends tell me so.

RE: Phil Lesh & Friends @ Phillmore 1/25/8 - Drunk Monk - 12-16-2023

Home by 2am. Enjoyed KPOO then KPFA - hard rap & hip hop shows - perfect to keep me up for the ride home. Had some toast with shoch’s butter & strawberry jam. Shared a bit with Yuki (he loves buttered toast). Now some sleep before tomorrow’s workout jam.