The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival (/showthread.php?tid=1116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - King Bob - 05-01-2021

When I was maybe five, I remember visiting an older friend of my mom in SF, and there was a trapdoor in the kitchen that led down to the garage (although now I wonder if it was the basement). I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 05-01-2021

The Haunted Mansion (the Atherton House if you wanna wiki it) just signed someone else before I called them back. Woulda been hella interesting, but I landed a modern space in an old setting in a better neighborhood.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - King Bob - 05-01-2021

I looked up the Yeti locale on the map and it's not far from Curbside Cafe, who do a nice breakfast. That might be almost as good as a trap door.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - thatguy - 05-01-2021

Curbside makes awesome French toast. 

—tg

RE: revelling in rebellingl - Drunk Monk - 10-25-2021

(08-14-2017, 06:16 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Lorde: Caught the whole set. So good. She's matured at 20 to more diverse topics albeit a much more pop sound. I was disappointed at her new album Mellow drama, but now should give it another listen. She felt authentic and seemed to really enjoy being there. Tara and I really enjoyed her set. She is who we came for and we were very satisfied. Tara got a Lorde shirt even though it was rather expensive.

I am locked and loaded for this. After many challenges, Tara is now registered on her own in RM. Never mind that she's literally been volunteering there her whole life (I think she got her first lam at 3) but she had to re-apply and now it's just set up for EMTs which makes it really hard. But now she's registered and her new apartment is a short walk from OSL.

Stacy is planning to drive me up Thurs evening - hopefully we can talk Tara into dinner. Tara and I must pick up our passes at BGC and they'll be open until 10. Then we're on for 3 days. 

I have 4 costumes at the ready. I'll probably chicken out and only don 2. Two are easy. One requires bending of the weapons rule (I think). The last one is a savage parody of RM and the easiest. 

I've been granted a special status 'psych roaming'. No one but supervisors have that prerogative. And I don't have to supervise anyone. Tara will coattail me if she pleases (she now eagerly wants to master psych). On Sunday, I have an additional tail - a kid named Steven Lee. I like him. He requested to learn psych. Maybe a double agent. May have to dose him. Nah... I wouldn't do that. But it is Halloween so trick o treat, amirite?

Stacy will pick me up on Monday. She wants to drive Darth all weekend. I don't want to have to park near OSL.

I'm very excited for this weekend.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Greg - 10-26-2021

Good luck. We are all counting on you.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 10-26-2021

Have a ton of fun. If you need Whisky, you know who to call.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 09:38 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: If you need Whisky, you know who to call.

I always need whiskEy but you're on the other side of town now, right?

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 10-26-2021

Not that far from you; SF is a small town. I’m about 10-12 min from Harriett and she is 10 blocks from The Cub.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 10-27-2021

You know what I do at OSL? I walk all day. All feckin day. 10 blocks + 10-12 mins doesn't sound fun, even for your fyne whisky. And I'm not moving any cars. You remember what parking is like in that hood when OSL happens. 

raincheck on that whisky. 

Maybe I'll drop by Victory and order some Italyun epees...

I just reexamined the line up. There's only one act I want to see. 

Just one.

Who? 

The HU

That's HU.

RE: revelling in rebellingl - Drunk Monk - 10-27-2021

(10-25-2021, 09:06 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I have 4 costumes at the ready. I'll probably chicken out and only don 2. Two are easy. One requires bending of the weapons rule (I think). The last one is a savage parody of RM and the easiest. 

Well, I got two ready. Upon closer examination of the rules, two are DQed. I don't think my lightsaber will get past the weapons check and I'm not willing to risk it. They say no 'guns, knives, or baseball bats' and my lightsaber is too precious so it'll have to wait for another year. 

Additionally, hard sided helmets or headgear are not permitted. That DQs my Squid Game helmet, which I was cobbling together from my old Prieur mask and that black felt I recovered. That seemed like it would be heavy to tote about anyway.

"Masks or costumes that cover your full face are not allowed" which might DQ my mask for my main costume, but I'm only donning it for photo ops. Technically, my main costume is a store bought one, which I've always avoided until now. I blame covid. I'm thinking that'll be my costume for Halloween proper. 

My fourth costume was something Stacy proposed at the last minute, and it's a hilarious brutal parody. I may bring the pieces for that just to mess with the boss because it's so simple. We'll see.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - thatguy - 10-28-2021

(10-27-2021, 11:17 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
I just reexamined the line up. There's only one act I want to see.

HU's on first...

--tg
If I was there, I'd try to check out Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes, The Strokes, and maybe Tame Impala, but nothing on the bill jumps out at me..

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Greg - 10-28-2021

Vampire Weekend. But mostly just for this song.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - King Bob - 10-28-2021

I'd recommend Khruangbin and Lord Huron

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - thatguy - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 09:19 AM)Greg Wrote: Vampire Weekend. But mostly just for this song.

Oh yeah, I saw VW at Treasure Island Music Festival years ago. I'd never heard of them and thought they put on a great show. They had everybody up and dancing. Lots of fun...They have done some great videos, too. I think they've since had some line up changes, so I have no idea what they are like now...

--tg