The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas (/showthread.php?tid=4216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 09-17-2021

Got a solid night’s sleep. Up before dawn. Attempted some qigong but am still a bit off kilter. I’m at the Grand waiting for the credential office to open up. What a motley crew has assembled before me. Trying to enjoy a crappy cappuccino. Cruz coffee has spoiled me. 

Ah, the line just moved. Let’s do this.

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Greg - 09-17-2021

I'm at Kaiser for an eye exam! I think you win.

Damn. This is huge. Freakin 16 city blocks.

Been assisting with set up. Packing table service boxes, hanging tiedyes & Tibetan prayer flags. Heat predicted in the high 90s and windy.

It did say 16 blocks in the ad. Bring on Green Day.

True. But you don’t quite get the scope of 16 blocks until you’re here.

Finished up my set up chore and others are trickling in so I took a break to do some KFM tasks. I didn’t set that up well enough to do it on my iPhone, plus fb is being obstinate. I’ve done it before but as usual, the web shifted to make things harder. Might have to sneak logging on somewhere at some point. Of not worry about it until Tuesday. 

Just heard the crew had a patient at Absinthe. Feckin Med magnets these peeps.

Tame Impala, Megan Thee Stallion today. Willow Smith, Ashinkko & Noah Cyrus are on my hit list but it’s a soft list. I don’t really care. MTS was busy at BR - I wasn’t privy to that because I wasn’t stationed there but that produced the most rolls.

Green Day tomorrow. I’ve seen them before but I’d see them again if possible.

I’m strangely unattached to seeing anyone this weekend. I’m more interested in the art installations which are cool so far...

Don't forget Deepak!

I think he’s every night. My dream is he gets dosed and I get to talk him down.

My first mission was a total fail. I was tasked to pick up our doc in the director’s huge yellow Jeep. Hybrid, fully loaded ride. So automated I couldn’t figure out how to open the damn window.  I got totally lost circling around Fremont trying to find him, then got even more lost on the way back. In my defense, the roads were all redirected and the crowd was queuing to enter but clearly I was the wrong person for that job. At least, I got him in the end.

I have been tasked as a roamer. Just gotta keep my ear to the radio. Perfect. My fav position.

Doors are open!

I’m temporarily at the Bacardi stage table service near the side gate. It has a commanding view of the portapotty compound. 

It’s hot and muggy. Sprinkled a tiny bit - like I felt a drop or two - just enough for the air to be thick.

Web access getting sketch like at any fest, but it’s so early. 

This is one of those shows where the gals all wear lingerie and the dudes all wear tropical shirts. A lot of gals have those ring garter straps used for securing dildos to the top of their thighs. I know this because of my Folsom years...

Um....sure.

Are you allowed to take pictures? Will you take them anyway?

Good luck on the DC dream.

[font=.SF UI Display][font=.SFUIDisplay]Damn - 5 already. More Vegas time distortion.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Display][font=.SFUIDisplay]Had a great walkabout and some crappy nachos. The Yes room (lgbtq) was the most bumpin. We’ve got sketchy simulcast TV from the main stage but there’s a cowboy band in front and an edm stage nearby so we’re getting the boom bleed.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Display][font=.SFUIDisplay]I’m really impressed by the art and graffiti. Fun scene. Still hot.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Display][font=.SFUIDisplay]Nicolas & Maggie from Production nicknamed me the hippie wrangler [/font][/font]

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Drunk Monk - 09-18-2021

Damn. That was an ass kicker. I’m 2 out of 3.

Watching Tame Impala’s last songs at 1 in the morning.

53k+ 

1st major fest to not lose 20% in the nation.

10.3 miles

Ipr1 - military with a good friend who was also lit. Peed on himself. It was a long ordeal to make him new pants out of disposable scrubs and get him on his way.

Ipr2 - a confused gal with her two galfriends, one who kept harshing her buzz. The plan was to take her back to medical so the friends go go to see some act. I convinced them that if they didn’t come with her, she might wind up in the hospital. They figured it was better to bumper car her so they could see the act. On the way I was grabbed by 2 cops with a drunk gal in an alley who had thrown up. I couldn’t abandon her and called for back up. Took forever and I was in eye shot of main med. 2 more cop shows came. Finally got responders there and could go to the call (I’m the only psych).

Ipr3 - strong bodied dude in restraint as soon as I arrived. Worked with him for hours. Impressed a lot of witnesses but in the end, he wouldn’t unlock his phone so we could reply to his texting friends. We had a great conversation going but that stumbling block got him rolled.

Hit Fremont street after - wasn’t as bumping as last night. Big line at the elevator to get back to my room. My nose is chafed from my mask.

Feckin Vegas. I can hear the base thump from zfrmomf. I’d does anyone sleep o this town

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Greg - 09-18-2021

Ah, the glamor of doing Rock-Med.

Feckin Vegas. I can hear the base thump from zfrmomf. I’d does anyone sleep o this town

RE: Life is Beautiful - Las Vegas - Greg - 09-18-2021

How are you even up?

Actually I slept well. Took some melatonin to overcome the Fremont st thump but then there was a ridiculous bass blast probably from site that knocked over my water bottles and set off car alarms. But I got a solid deep cycle in.

Legs are sore. Gonna do some stretches and qigong then head out for food. Will need stimulants today.

A D00M play just emerged...