The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Computers (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Doom Gatherings (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=3963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Joshua tree no less - Drunk Monk - 05-15-2017

i'm hoping to work it but it might not happen. Things aren't quite coming together as planned.

I take that back. - Drunk Monk - 05-15-2017

U2 is on for me now.  I *must* go to pick up the RM gear for KFTC25 AF.  It's required now.  Part of the job.  Yep.  

Meanwhile, I'm changing my approach to Saturday because of WWD.  What's WWD?  See video below.

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Greg - 05-15-2017

If you are Irish, every day is world Whiskey day.

do I look Irish to you? - Drunk Monk - 05-15-2017

One of many reasons why I love the Irish.

NOT LIKE THAT.

Don't get any ideas, Greg.

Heart

Minor bummer - Drunk Monk - 05-15-2017

Our good Sith Lord friend cannot make it.  I was holding out some flicker of hope, but it just won't work out for him this year.  He was very apologetic.  He was already saddened because he had to skip working on Triple Threat with Jaa & Uwais for the Star Wars Celebration.  I was thinking, well, KFTC25 AF ain't quite on that level, but I appreciate the thought.

At least I seem to have Daniel Wu.  He's verbally committed.  Gigi went ballistic when I told her I had it and blabbed to the press about it before I closed the deal completely.  Then I had to run damage control because it was Chinese news and Daniel Wu's name comes first in the KFTC25 AF headline.  Fortunately, Daniel seems cool with it.

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Greg - 05-15-2017

He could drive up with me on Thursday.

If only... - Drunk Monk - 05-15-2017

His whole family was in the deal - wife & 2 kids. We don't pay appearance fees, which is what he's used to from the comic con world, but he luvs Kung Fu and wanted to come if his family could join.

For a moment, I thought I'd send Crystal up with you. 

J/K. I luv ya too much, ya big Irishman, to do that to ya. NOT THAT WAY. Man, why does your mind always go there, Bro?  I mean I understood with PPFY because he did it until he needed glasses and then had that Asian gf that probably looked like me in the dark. At least, that's what he used to always say afterwards. Then he'd buy me some candy and tell me it was our little secret.

Some day, after things settle down for both of us, maybe I'll intro you to Crystal somehow, just so you get it. She is very photogenic.

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 05-16-2017

So much for "our little secret".

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Greg - 05-16-2017

If you wanted to keep your secret secret, I think you swore the wrong person to secrecy.

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Greg - 05-16-2017

Just realized it's Daniel Wu and not Donnie Yen that will be at Grandmasters Banquet and now, I'm having a sad.

100lbs - Greg - 05-16-2017

Stop threatening me with Crystal. How scary can she be? I went to the Shaolin Temple pretty much by myself. I lifted 100lbs with my penis. Whatever with the photogenic girl. She can't be any worse that a certain Sanda Sidekick guy....

it's on - Drunk Monk - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 09:13 AM)Greg Wrote: Stop threatening me with Crystal. How scary can she be? I went to the Shaolin Temple pretty much by myself. I lifted 100lbs with penis. Whatever with the photogenic girl. She can't be any worse that a certain Sanda Sidekick guy....

Consider that Pandora's box open...well, as soon as we both complete our pressing projects.  There may well be DOOM brotherly smack down rivalry, but we are civil about it.    

Tomorrow U2 (to pick up the RM gear)
Thursday I insert (which means Chris and I check into our hotel room and I take Master Grace out to dinner)
Friday it's on until Sunday.  

On Sunday night, I'll pour myself the last of some 25 Year Single Malt I've been saving and enjoy the season finale of Into the Badlands.

RE: Kung Fu Tai Chi 25th Annivesary Festival - May 19-21 2017 - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 05-16-2017

Daniel Wu was very good in Europa Report (an under-appreciated Euro sci-fi flick, more relevant now that we know more about those darn moons). What trite sci-fi has Donny Yen done lately, I ask you?

iron crotch flute - Drunk Monk - 05-17-2017

Right now, I'm listening to the Iron Crotch (the one and only GM Tu) play flute.

There's a great playing-flute/iron-crotch pun to be made here, but I'm too busy to figure that out right now.  I'm just posting to escape for a sec.

Cranefly and Lady Cranefly schedules - cranefly - 05-17-2017

There's probably a better place to report this, but my searches of emails on the topic weren't finding it.

I (Cranefly) will make myself available all of Saturday and will skip Sunday.

Lady Cranefly will work half of Saturday (first half, I presume) and all of Sunday.

This is the plan.  It's not written in concrete, so if it needs to bend, apply torque and we'll see.