The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Music (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival (/showthread.php?tid=1116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-06-2022

Had some snipe hunts. It’s all good. Makes us look like were working

Went to Jack Harlow - such a cluster - didn’t like his sound

Rina Sawayama was cool. Diva pop rock (my guilty pleasure) much in the tradition of Madonna

Had a truffle bruschetta 

It was rich…I am stuffed

Awaiting Kali Uchis then over to Green Day

Kali had big bottom

Fat bass

She was having some sound issues and complain to the sound peeps but delivered some rump shakers. I liked the funkier ones

Green Day is so cheesey - shout? Really?!? But a good finish to a drunken Saturday . Their sax man and drummer are still on point. And so many anthemic songs. Lots of punk head bopping

Back at the apartment.

My feet are tired. Today was less - just a little over 10 miles

I got a no show warning from RMs autobot

Everybody wants to keep track of me…

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-07-2022

Another sunny day. Wth sf?

Caught planet booty, a band we worked with at Kfm but I’ve never heard play. 

Had a grilled cheese & artichoke sanmmich for 2nd breakfast. Brunch was a vegan quesadilla that was extraordinary and a mimosa. Spent some time at polo table service until the other dinosaur who was sentenced there was too grumpy. Now at Hellmann listening to griff

Had some major fentanyl yesterday - full on cpr. Rm saved them from going to the hospital.

Griff was bubblegum pop but another Asian gal lead. So many of them this year. Represent!

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-07-2022

Surf mesa are dropping bass like full auto black powder cannon fire

Kinda harsh

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-08-2022

Back home in the bungalow. Another grand OSL adventure as I struggle to return to the mundane world.

Spending OSL with Tara is a true delight - her company outshines the drama and spectacle of OSL. 

Now my face is buzzing, my tinnitus is well past 11, and the base of my middle and ring finger is moaning with that nervy ache. I must sleep. Gargantuan weekend ahead to prep for getting away from it all…

I’ll relate tales of Pussy Riot, Weezer, Mitzi, Illenium, fried masala raviolis, Orion, black pepper + Indian gal + French gal, that last IPR dude, dripping blood randomly, and maybe even a cautionary fentanyl tale later, assuming I remember it all.

Just over 8 miles btw…

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 08-08-2022

Congrats on no new injuries. Get some rest!

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-08-2022

Still got my wristband on. Gonna keep it for a few days to savor the fest. Twas a great one.

Pussy Riot was like a sexy bookend to Planet Booty, although more shocking. I’ve seen plenty of twerking dancers but when one of the ladies dropped trou for it, it took on a new level. Heavy BDSM imagery. Dildos, whips, collars, butt plugs (now usurped by EEAAO) Glad to have seen them but wouldn’t go out of my way for them.

I could hear a muddled Weezer whilst in main Med talking down some acute cannabis gals (more on them later) amidst the screaming teen girl, the drunken dude with facial lacs who kept kicking over folding chairs and the constant retching of multiple vomiters. It was chaos but I hid in my little tie dyed psych corner with my canna-gals.

Mitzki (sp?) was unimpressive and didn’t deserve to close Sutro stage - small crowd, like a weak Kate Bush. 

Illenium was our final act at Twin Peaks (couldn’t get over to Post Malone). I worked Illenium at LiB where I was in the pit - it was midday hit and I was unimpressed. But at night with his lasers, video phoenixes, and pyro - it was pretty cool -plus he’s San Franciscan so the crowd showed. I reassess my opinion - he’s good EDM. Fun. Visual. Even had some nice contrast in musical ideas. 

Once again we couldn’t eat all our food vouchers. So stuffed. RM gave us 3 $17 vouchers per day and $17 was the going rate for a good plate (plus Rm has its own snack zones - I eat so many damn chips with Rm). Tara tried to buy us coffees at falcon something - we went for it with the extras to try to use up all $17 and then they said ‘rock Med is free!’ Our last meal was om sabor which was Indian fusion (I think they’re in Hayes valley?) I had the masala fried raviolis which were delish - just perfect for a finsh.

We both are really well. Interesting and tasty. Nutritious even. Tara s fav was her taco flight from cosmic vegan - one taco was pickled hibiscus flowers. My pick was the Oaxacan nachos with grasshoppers. 

Ok enuf for now. Time for sleep. I should really write but I can’t rally my thoughts beyond savoring weekend memories. Tinnitus is still at 11…

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - thatguy - 08-09-2022

In a Foo-fighter-ish moment:

https://boingboing.net/2022/08/09/10-year-old-called-to-play-guitar-with-green-day-during-outside-lands-show.html

Quote:10-year-old called to play guitar with Green Day during Outside Lands show
Rusty Blazenhoff 
Tue  Aug 9, 2022 

At Saturday's Outside Lands concert in San Francisco, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong asked, "Alright, who knows how to play the guitar? I need a guitarist. I need a guitar-ISH. It's only three fucking chords." Over at stage left, a 10-year-old boy named Montgomery got Billie Joe's attention, saying he could play. 

"Alright kid, get your ass up here!"

SFGate:

Quote:Armstrong threw a guitar around him, and the boy killed it. Without any hesitation, he played the chords for the song "Knowledge," a cover from Operation Ivy, a Berkeley band that used to perform at the city's punk rock club 924 Gilman, where Green Day also got its start…

The boy kept going — and the crowd roared far louder than any other moment in the show. One woman standing behind me was sobbing and screaming at the same time. 

When Armstrong asked the boy his name, he replied it was Montgomery. Armstrong told the boy he'd call him Monty — and the crowd started chanting his new rock star name. 

"Oh, and you can keep the guitar," Armstrong said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u1Ad8rJNHY&t=3881s

--tg

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-09-2022

We witnessed that. Just walked in as it was happening. Thought the kid might’ve been a schill - he was composed and played well (GD songs don’t seem that complicated tho)

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - thatguy - 08-09-2022

Yeah, it seems kinda staged to me. 

--tg

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Drunk Monk - 08-10-2022

(08-08-2022, 01:21 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Orion, black pepper + Indian gal + French gal, that last IPR dude, dripping blood randomly, and maybe even a cautionary fentanyl tale later, assuming I remember it all.

the Orion was a mobile phone with real time tracking of all teams, supervisors and psych. Kinda bugged me at first - like being tagged and tracked - but then I realized I was usually right where I was supposed to be. 

the Indian & French gals were friends who took some edibles and lost it. Thanks grasslands. I tried the pepper therapy. The Indian gal took some, threw up, took some more and was down in 20 mins. The French gal was hysterical saying she was going ‘cray-zee’ is an adorable accent. She only had one peppercorn and eventually some Ativan - took forever to get her down. Her friend said she’s like that. 

the final IPR was at twin peaks as it was being taken down. It was t looking good but he had a big circle of friends to bumper car him and one had an apartment close to the park so we let them walk him home.

When we got back to Tara’s, Bri was home from her camping trip. I had a cup of Irish breakfast tea and Tara said ‘dad you’re bleeding’ Sure enough there was an inch long drip of blood on my wrist. It came from a tiny pin prick cut - I don’t know where that came from but it was staunched easily. 

there was a fentanyl code - 2 people actually - unrelated but in the same place and likely got their dose from the same dealer. One needed cpr. Both were hit with narcan and revived without going to the hospital. I watched that play out on the Orion listening to the radio. It was a close one.

I just cut my wrist band off. I used to take those off on the drive home but now I keep them on for a few days as a reminder. The pandemic has made me treasure these experiences more than ever and I cling to them longer. 

Next year I hope Tara & Bri are still in that apartment. Until that time.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - King Bob - 08-11-2022

Speaking of cautionary fentanyl tales, Christina has a rather anxious friend who is now concerned about fentanyl residue on paper currency. Apparently some testing discovered some and it was on the news but I never saw that. I told her that if there were enough to harm you, it would have harmed someone else along the way already, but she wasn't convinced.

RE: SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 08:02 AM)King Bob Wrote: Speaking of cautionary fentanyl tales, Christina has a rather anxious friend who is now concerned about fentanyl residue on paper currency. Apparently some testing discovered some and it was on the news but I never saw that. I told her that if there were enough to harm you, it would have harmed someone else along the way already, but she wasn't convinced.

I volunteer to take all of her cash.